Sterilization is an integral part of infection prevention in the healthcare setting and Infection Preventionists are responsible for ensuring that this complex process is performed safely and accurately. This presentation will discuss the critical processes of healthcare sterilization based on the industry “best practices” as prescribed by the current AAMI Sterilization Standards, AORN Guidelines and CDC Sterilization and Disinfection Standards.
The speaker will:
- Examine the proper environment for sterilization activities to occur
- Explain why it is important to follow instructions for use (IFU)
- Discuss the necessary steps for sterilization to occur
- Describe the documentation process
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: 1 (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an on-line evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.