Education is a key component of infection prevention. There are over 1,200 healthcare facilities in Pennsylvania. Developing education to meet the needs of the adult learner in difference healthcare settings, with varying levels of experience is a challenge. This webinar will discuss the various methods of education used to reach Pennsylvania’s healthcare facilities and review successful ways this was accomplished.
The speakers will:
- Clarify the healthcare facility types in Pennsylvania governed by Act 13 and Act 52
- Describe the role of the senior infection preventionists at Patient Safety Authority (PSA)
- Discuss three ways the senior infection preventionists provide education to facilities
- List three ideas to help provide a successful educational session
BD is pleased to support the APIC Heroes of Infection
Prevention Program and the outstanding and essential work of the Heroes honorees in the field of infection prevention.
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: XX (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an on-line evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.