Hear directly from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) subject matter experts on the most commonly asked questions and scenarios received from NHSN users.
Do you have questions for the NHSN? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the webinar.
- Understand the National Healthcare Safety Network’s (NHSN) ventilator-associated event (VAE) surveillance
- Review a case study for VAE
- Apply the VAE criteria to identify an event
- Identify events available for citation within the VAE algorithm
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: 1 (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an on-line evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.