CMS and accrediting organization surveyors are focusing on infection prevention and control practices during home care and hospice surveys. This webinar will focus on the unique challenges of providing care in the home and provide practical guidance on how to prevent common survey compliance issues and strengthen your infection prevention and control program.
At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Recognize common problems and infection prevention challenges related to care provided in the home setting
- Describe problematic infection control practices in the home and strategies to strengthen the infection prevention and control program
- Strengthen the infection prevention and control program for care provided in the home care setting
- More effectively prepare for a home care and hospice survey
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: 1 (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an on-line evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.