The emergence of multidrug resistant pathogens negatively impacts patient care. Antimicrobial stewardship and infection control recognize these organisms and work diligently to treat and prevent them. How can these two teams work together, synergistically to improve patient care? This webinar will highlight successful strategies used to mitigate the emergence and impact of multidrug resistant organisms.
- Identify how pharmacists can benefit from the surveillance activities being performed by IP staff
- Describe how IP reporting can result in change to antibiotic prescribing and restriction
- Explain the value of integrating IPs into daily stewardship rounds
- Recognize the value education plays in both IPC and stewardship and develop a strategy to bolster efforts by both groups
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: 1 (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an on-line evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.