This webinar will start with addressing the role of infection prevention in long-term care (LTC) to help the novice LTC infection preventionist identify what in infection prevention program should include. It will review what an effective Respiratory Program is and why it is important to have a formal program. This webinar will review the role of the environment in transmission. The role of hand hygiene and elements of a hand hygiene program will be reviewed, to include data collection and dissemination.
- Understand the role of infection prevention in LTC
- Review elements of a respiratory program in LTC
- Review the role of the environment in transmission of organisms
- Discuss elements of a hand hygiene program
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: 1 (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an on-line evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.