As the demand for infection preventionists grows, many organizations are creating positions open to healthcare professionals with non-clinical backgrounds. This webinar will be tailored to individuals in the field with little to no formal clinical experience. It is important to be well equipped with resources and knowledgeable of partners throughout the healthcare arena in order to build and sustain a rewarding career in infection prevention.
- Review non-clinical pathways to becoming an infection preventionist
- Identify helpful resources for navigating infection prevention in acute and long term care
- Review partnerships vital to continued development
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: 1 (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an on-line evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.