Live Air Date: July 21, 2021, @ 1 pm ET
The dental setting is hyper-specific in infection control needs and requires specialized training that is unique to the dental environment. This presentation will discuss the challenges related to the diverse regulatory environment of the dental clinics as well as appropriate protocols such as sterile processing, storage, aseptic techniques. Lessons learned during the Covid pandemic will also be discussed.
- Discuss the need for infection control and prevention training and the differences that are specific to the dental setting
- Describe the general lack of oversight from a regulatory standpoint in the dental setting
- Discuss the instrument processing and sterilization process and its challenges
- Review the unique challenges faced in dentistry and the lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: 1 (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an online evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to the development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.