Integration of Engineering, Project Management and Standard Work into Infection Prevention and Control Activities
Live Air Date: November 3, 2021 @ 1 pm ET
Members may or may not know the various principles of engineering that can be incorporated into infection prevention activities. Lean principles are a familiar topic however it is not part of an orientation curriculum and there are simple techniques that once implemented can assist in improving structure in IP department activities. Additionally, the IP would benefit from a baseline knowledge of principles of engineering in order to understand how to ask the right question for data mining purposes in order to get the needed output.
- Identify tools of project management to incorporate into infection control practice
- Apply principles of engineering to infection prevention processes and outcome measures
- Describe standard work and the applicability to infection prevention
- Discuss the process for integrating lean techniques and processes Ito infection control practice
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: 1 (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an online evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to the development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.