Live Air Date: September 1, 2010
This session will provide an introduction to the Infection Prevention program in the long-term acute care setting. This unique setting comes with its own set of unique challenges to developing and implementing an effective infection control program. An overview of the population served, surveillance challenges and prevention measures will be discussed.
- Describe the patient population in the long-term acute care setting.
- Identify the barriers to an effective infection prevention program in this setting.
- Discuss prevention measures that can be applied to this setting.
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: XX (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an online evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to the development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.
Please note that as part of APIC’s accreditation with ANCC, and as a general good practice, webinars older than three years, or that may otherwise have outdated content, are routinely evaluated by APIC’s Education Committee and other SMEs for removal of continuing education hours and/or removal from the system.