Live Air Date: December 5, 2012
This presentation will highlight what an LTAC is and how it is different from our counterparts in the short-term acute hospitals (STAC), the challenges that the IP faces in the long-term acute care environment including the upcoming regulatory changes, and the challenges to meet CMS reporting requirements.
- Describe what an LTAX is and how it is different from a short-term acute care hospital
- Verbalize at least two of the challenges an IP faces when working in the LTAC environment that the STAC counterpart does not face
- Describe the regulatory requirements the IP in LTAC faces in light of the upcoming CMS mandatory reporting requirements
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: XX (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an online evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to the development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.
Please note that as part of APIC’s accreditation with ANCC, and as a general good practice, webinars older than three years, or that may otherwise have outdated content, are routinely evaluated by APIC’s Education Committee and other SMEs for removal of continuing education hours and/or removal from the system.