Live from Industry: Elevating the Standard in Care: Skin Antisepsis and Hair Removal
By registering to this webinar you are agreeing to be contacted by APIC industry partner: BD
Skin antisepsis and hair removal continue to be relevant topics that are important to patient outcomes and successful bundled approach to reduce Hospital acquired infections in the surgical space.
- Learner will be able to identify the evolution of antisepsis and the impact in healthcare.
- Identify the differences between intrinsic and extrinsic antiseptic contamination and the link to Hospital acquired infections.
- Discuss recent advancements in the sterilization of antiseptic solutions and the importance of quality assurance measures.
- Recognize the importance of surgical clipping vs. shaving to minimize the risk of creating micro-abrasions that allow skin-dwelling microorganisms to collect and potentially cause infection.
- Identify current and trending methods for surgical clipping hair clean up and potential cross contamination risks.
- Discuss the importance and location significance of capturing airborne dispersal of hair for the surgical clip prior to the surgical procedure outside of the Operating room suite.
Brought to you by BD.
Disclaimer: The Information presented on APIC Online® does not necessarily reflect the views of APIC and in no event shall APIC assume or have any responsibility or liability for any information posted to APIC Online® or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from the use and/or appearance of such information on APIC Online®.
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: XX (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an on-line evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.