Live Air Date: August 25, 2021, @ 1 pm ET
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, many IPs are struggling to balance the prevention of traditionally monitored HAIs with new workloads for managing COVID-19 surges. This presentation will give information on national trends in HAIs, and some ideas for helping control CLABSI (which has been highly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic).
- Understand the trends in hospital-acquired infections during the initial surges of COVID-19
- Discuss and explore the causes of increased infection rates, particularly CLABSI
- Prepare to re-implement important infection prevention strategies
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (APIC) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- Nursing Contact Hours: 1 (not always applicable as not all webinars are eligible)
- To get CNE for a webinar, you must attend the program in its entirety and complete an online evaluation of it. Your feedback is not only required by our CNE accrediting body, but it is vital to the development of future programming that best meets learners' needs. We read every word you write.
- No speaker or planning committee member disclosed any financial or commercial interest that affected this educational activity.